Sunday, January 20, 2008

I can't fight this feeling...

Ok so this weekend so far has been great. I have realized my goals.

1. Stop using Asthma medicine

2. Teach Courtney a better way of eating.

3. Introduce at least 60% of raw foods into my diet as a lifestyle.

So how did I do this weekend in front of the TV with all of those great commercials? Well i literally kept track of my food by posting what I ate on the coffee table as well as on the refrigerator.

Aiden, Thank you so much for the tips about the sugar craving. You are so right. I have had this urge for cookies, cakes and everything in between. But every time I wanted something sweet I drank a cup of water and then I replaced it with a natural sweetener. Fruit...has been my drink of choice. So last night I cooked some HEALTHY greens, a few slices of lean ham, and corn. As for my breakfast I had wheat pancakes with sugar free syrup and two eggs (the eggs were bad choice) and my coffee. For lunch I had tomato soup.

All in all I have done very well. I made Kool-Aid with Splenda....needs work but not too bad. Courtney thought it was wonderful. She asked for seconds. Oh and I managed to get in half of my required water intake. But slowly I shall rise.

Exercise...um well not so much It was snowing yesterday and I haven't received the bike. I was hesitant to put in a workout tape...even though I had not excuse. I will work out today...I got the tape already set. Wish me luck. Oh and thank you Nepp for your advice, I know understand what I am going through and thank you for supporting me.

Hey its all about accountability! Please stay tuned!

2 comments:

Edie Spencer said...

One tip:

Try not to go to Walmart right after work, specially if you are stressed out or tired. It can trigger you wanting a snack- usally a fatty one. Also, if you shop for your household food at Walmart, shop the perimeter and don't go in the processed foods aisle unless necessary.

On the drinks: Leave kool aid alone. Yes it has vitamin C- but by golly, if I told you how the stuff is mad eyou would never ever want to drink ever again- and what a nice profit manufacturers make from it. The same goes for the splenda- ease off that stuff. It's sugar with substituted chlorine in it. Do this instead: Get sparkling water and juice concetrate. Add about three tablespoons of concetrate to a glass of Sparkling water. Ta-da! You have yor sweet finishing drink to go with meals, less calories than soda and lots of vitamins.

Sonja said...

Oh wow thank you! I am trying to get away from processed foods and man that was a huge tip! Thanks