Friday, January 18, 2008

Day Two...

Ok so I have gotten so many great ideas from you all. Tianna you struck a chord when you spoke about your daily kit kat fix....for me its snickers. Ok so last night I think I did pretty good. It is kinda hard to get this right because I want my little girl to enjoy her dinner...that is eat her dinner. LOL Last night I cooked baked chicken wings, broccoli and rice and we drank 100% juice. I had 1/2 a cup and drank water if I was still thirsty. For desert we had rice pudding. I had the recommended serving of 1/2 a cup and she helped me eat my desert.

That is the good thing about deserts, Courtney will always help me eat them. So I made sure I stopped eating by 8pm. I went to bed at 10pm and only drank water all night. Today my breakfast started out with a cup of coffee, a veggie sausage and cheese. For snack I plan to have yogurt with all bran cereal sprinkled in. (trying to get my fiber) and for lunch I have baked chicken, orange and an apple and more rice pudding :). I thought I had more salad mix in the fridge here at work but I don't so I will need to get more soon.

Ok so what kind of excercise will I do today? We have a gym at my apartment complex and believe it or not...I have never been inside. I guess Courtney and I will go and work out when I get home... I will keep you posted.

Oh and Tianna....I am going to try the "If it is white it aint right" idea. and I will pull out my nalgene bottle and fill it full of water......Its on people.

2 comments:

Sonja said...

Alright Cuz,
let's start with something easy for about a month and then if you like my regimine write or call me. Here is what I did last year to lose 30lbs. I cut out all the junk food during my exercise. For you that means no cakes. The only thing I ate was nuts or something like trail mix. They have plenty of protein. I also drunk plenty of water. This will help so that you don't get dehydrated during your workouts. O yeah, if you like you can drink protein shakes as a substitute for a morning or afternoon meal. Just make sure you eat something solid atleast twice a day. You'll need your energy. Now, as far as your workout goes, if you can get to a track that's fine if not try to work out in an area that is safe, but kind of hilly. It will be just like working out on a treadmill. Try to walk for atleast 30-45 minutes a day or atleast 3 days a week. After walking find a place to lie down and begin working on those abs. Try to do 4 sets of 20 crunches. These are not sit-ups. The difference between a crunch and a sit-up is that with a crunch all you have to do is lie in the fetal position on your back and try to raise your shoulders off the ground while squeezing your stomach muscels. If my explanation of this is not clear again give me a call and I'll go over it with you. Finally, the push-ups. You can do the girl push-ups if you remember how to do them. With your knees on the ground, lie flat on the ground and push up off the ground. Do 5-8 of these in 4 sets or as many as you can do.
The last thing I advise you to do is to go to your local sporting goods store or where ever it is sold and buy a training bra. It will help keep everything in place while you're working out.
With much love,
Greg

Aidan said...

Hello Sonja,

Wow, the food you ate today sound great! Well done, you will feel so much better eating good food. I hope you achieve what you need to.

Wishing you well,
Aidan.

P.S. You know the snickers craving? You prob know this, but it's just your body craving sugar. A banana has great natural sugar, and is good for you too. I'll be tuning in to see how you go, Take care. :-)